Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bollywood Sexy Girl Neha Dhupia: Sexiness not an asset

The very mention of her name in a movie’s credits sparks off many presumptions. The most common one is that she plays a sexy siren once again. Such is the stereotype Neha Dhupia has come to live with during her years in Bollywood.

“I sincerely believe that the term 'sexy' is always used against me…No one seems to realise that I can do a lot more. Why don't people remember Mithya, Singh Is Kinng, Dasvidaniya or a ‘Maharathi’,” Dhupia is quoted as saying by a news agency.

While actresses usually take pride in being called sexy, Neha thinks her sexiness has become more of a liability than an asset for her career.

“I strongly believe that my biggest flaw is that I am sexy. Just because of that, it is always safely presumed that I would be busy out there seducing people on screen,” she says.

Though over the years Neha has played non-glam roles that focused more on her acting than anatomy, she feels a lot of people still see her as the sex kitten she was at the start of her career.

Coincidentally, in her upcoming film Raat Gayi Baat Gayi, she plays a hot girl who has a one-night stand with a married man at a drunken party.

Neha says it would be erroneous to presume that she plays a sexy seductress in the film.

“May be I am a victim myself in that party,” Neha says and leaves it for the viewers to find out when the movie releases on December 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment