Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Salman had confidence in me: Katrina Kaif

Katrina Kaif’s rise from anonymity to fame is often dubbed as a fairytale come true. For a girl who couldn’t even speak proper Hindi when she stepped into Bollywood, reaching the top league has been a journey marked with lots of hard work, luck, and support from colleagues, particularly her boyfriend Salman Khan who never lost confidence in her.

“Apart from guiding me, Salman had confidence in me. He is not the person to say that because he is friendly with you. He will say it genuinely,” Katrina is quoted as saying by a news agency.

Not just Salman, Katrina said she’s indebted to Akshay Kumar as well.

“There are too many people whom I can call my godfather. I am grateful and indebted to them. Even Akshay Kumar took a risk in working with me initially,” she said.

Katrina’s career took a turnaround for good when her films with Akshay went on to become back-to-back hits. However, when she had signed Namastey London (the duo’s first hit together) with him he was on the verge of becoming s superstar but she was still struggling.

“He did not know me at all. He was at crossroads of his career. When he did Namastey London, people thought he had gone insane. Nobody is going to damage or destroy himself to help somebody else. Salman and Akshay believed in me and that is my good fortune and destiny,” she said.

Katrina is now looking forward to the release of director Prakash Jha’s film Raajneeti in which she plays a woman who enters politics after the death of her husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment